- A person uses 145 litres per day.
- 109 litres per property are lost through leakage every day.
- Power shower: 13 litres is used per minute.
- Mixer shower: 8 litres is used per minute.
- Electric shower: 5 litres is used per minute.
- A full bath uses 80 litres.
- 5 litres per flush using a modern cistern.
- 9 litres per flush for older toilets.
- 50 litres per cycle.
- 14 litres per cycle for a modern dishwasher.
- 10 litres per cycle on eco-setting.
Washing up by hand
- 6 litres per minute is used with a running tap.
- 8 litres per bowl wash.
- 250 litres per hose pipe use.
- 30 litres per bucket wash.
Should you be on a water meter?
If you don’t have a water meter, our water meter calculator will help you work out if you’d be better off with one.